|[Click image for next photo or see all]|
|A monument to Captain James Cook, in Ship Cove.|
The Cove was named by Captain James Cook on 15 January 1770 when his ship the Endeavour anchored there to replenish supplies of food, water and wood. Cook would return to the Cove a further four times over the course of his first and second voyages to the Pacific.
More Marlborough Sounds
Pictures of other coastlines
Pictures of Picton
Buy this image
Embed or share this image.