The map below shows the country of New Zealand. The map allows you to zoom down to street level with satellite mode showing mountainous terrain, coastline, cities, towns, and buildings including homes.
TIP: Go fullscreen by clicking the icon at the top-right of the map. Then drag the person icon located at the bottom right onto the the map of New Zealand and you will see a panorama shot of that area.
NOTE: The Ross Dependency in Antractica is claimed by New Zealand, but is not included in these statistics.
- Northern most point is Nugent Island in the Kermadec Islands.
- Southern most point is Jacquemart Island in the Campbell Island group.
- Eastern most point is Forty-Fours/Motuhara, east of the Chatham Islands.
- Western-most point is Cape Lovitt in the Auckland Islands.
- Northern-most point is Surville Cliffs at North Cape.
- Southern most point is Cape Palliser.
- Eastern-most point is East Cape.
- Western-most point is Cape Maria van Diemen.
- Northern-most point is Cape Farewell.
- Southern most point is Slope Point.
- Eastern-most point is West Head.
- Western-most point is West Cape.
Closest place to Australia is near Resolution Island lighthouse in Fiordland, a distance of 1,491 kilometres (926 miles).
The shortest distance from the New Zealand realm to to the Australian realm is New Zealand's Auckland Island to Macquarie Island in Australia - a distance of around 617 kilometres (383 miles).
Highest point in New Zealand (and Australasia) is Aoraki / Mount Cook at 3754 metres (12316 feet) high.
There are 24 peaks in New Zealand over 3000 metres above sea level. They are all located in the South Island.
The highest mountain in the North Island is the volcanic peak of Mount Ruapehu. It is 2,797 metres (9,175 feet) high.
The lowest point in New Zealand is Taieri Plains at -2m below sea level.
There are two two time zones in New Zealand.
- The main islands use New Zealand Standard Time (NZST).
It is 12 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- The Chatham Islands to the east use Chatham Standard Time (CHAST).
It is 12 hours 45 minutes in advance of UTC.
- Navigate using the slider to zoom in or out or use the scrollbar on your mouse. Also double click to zoom in.
- To move the map, click down or touch the map, then drag with your mouse or finger.
- Search and zoom in to a specific location using the search box at the top of the map.
- Right click on the map to instantly get latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Click a city linked to the left, for a Google Map & Street View.
- Try 'Satellite' mode for real aerial images.
- View more maps of New Zealand.
- View photos of New Zealand.