Taupo Google MapView Larger Map
- Move the map by clicking down on the map and moving the mouse.
- Zoom in and out using the (+) (-) buttons or try double clicking.
- Try Sat, Ter, or Earth modes.
- Or view a map of the Taupo Region.
Taupo Street View
Click top-right corner to alternate fullscreen ↓
In view is Thermal Explorer Highway in Taupo. Try navigating down this street until it reaches a lake. This is Lake Taupo. It is the biggest in New Zealand and is actually the caldera of the world's most destructive super-volcano for the last 70,000 years of Earth's history. If you get lost, use the map above to help you.
- Clicking the top-right corner alternates fullscreen mode.
- Navigate the streets by clicking anywhere on the road.
- Pan left, right, up, or down by clicking down and moving your mouse.
- Zoom in and out by scrolling your mouse, or click the (+) (-) buttons.
- Or view some photos of Taupo.
This web site, logo, name, content, photos, and design are protected by international copyright law.
Original versions of our photos can be purchased
& web versions can be shared subject to conditions