Google Maps Oceania Help
Virtual Oceania uses the same satellite data that Google Maps own site uses. This page provides help in reporting errors in these maps, adding in missing places and business, as well as viewing old maps and street view images. Note: when reporting map errors, you need to be logged into your Google account.
Report a map error
If you find a map error, like an incorrect business or street name, a street that doesn't exist, or a wrong location marker, you can report it by following these instructions
- Make sure you are signed into Google;
- Open Google Maps;
- In the top left, click the Menu → Send feedback → Edit the map;
- Follow the instructions and then Submit.
Add a missing place to Google Maps
You can add a business or places in Google Maps if it is not already there. Follow these instructions:
- Open Google Maps;
- Search for an address;
- Click on 'Add a missing place'.
View older maps, satellite imagery, & photos
View past maps and imagery
- Open Google Earth. If you do not have it, then download it here →
- Locate the area you wish to view;
- Click View and then Historical Imagery or above the 3D viewer, click Time;
- You can zoom in or out to change the start and end dates covered by your timeline.
View past Street View photos:
- Visit maps.google.com →
- Go into satellite mode by clicking the satellite image icon in the bottom left;
- Locate the area you wish to view and zoom right down to Street View;
- Either drop the person icon on a street or zoom in on a street till you see it;
- Manouver your way to the place you wish to view;
- In the top-left corner, click Street View with the date of the images;
- Use the slider to choose the year you wish to view. Note: not all years are present;
- Once the year is selected, click the photo displayed and navigate Street View in that year;
- To return to the latest images, simply zoom out of Street View and back to Satelite Mode, then return to Street View. You will see the latest year as it is the default setting.
Use the Google Oceania Map now →
This web site, logo, name, content, photos, and design are protected by international copyright law.
Original versions of our photos can be purchased & web versions can be shared subject to conditions.